Dental Hygiene (Degree Completion Program)
- Type of Degree: Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Location: Online
- Credit Requirements: 120
Our degree completion program is intended for hygienists who already hold an associate degree and are interested in earning a bachelor’s degree. This two- year program is offered online and is designed to provide a convenient option for students who plan to continue working while earning their degree.
Graduates of this bachelor of science degree completion program have access to more educational and career opportunities than students who have only completed an associate degree in Dental Hygiene. Career areas where the advanced degree would be advantageous include jobs in dental hygiene research, sales, public health, and education.
The Vermont Tech bachelor of science degree program holds articulation agreements with Quinsigamond Community College, Tunxis Community College, Mount Wachusetts Community College, Bristol Community College, Cape Cod Community College, Middlesex Community College, Springfield Technical Community College, and the New Hampshire Technical Institute associate degree dental hygiene programs. These agreements are designed to maximize the number of credits students will be able to transfer to Vermont Tech. Specific details regarding these agreements can be obtained by contacting Vermont Tech’s Department of Dental Hygiene.
All courses are completed online, no campus visits are required, and the student has six years to complete the required courses for the bachelor’s degree.
A student with a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene will be able to:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree while employed as a practitioner or full-time student
- Explore various occupational settings such as public health, education, sales, and research
- Prepare for further study at the graduate level
- Broaden the knowledge base and education experience in dental hygiene and general education courses
- Demonstrate skills in critical thinking and evidence-based research
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning
This program holds articulation agreements with Bristol Community College, Cape Cod Community College, Cuyahoga Community College, Middlesex Community College, Monroe Community College, Mount Wachusett Community College, New Hampshire Technical Institute, Quinsigamond Community College, Springfield Technical Community College, and Tunxis Community College associate degree dental hygiene programs. These agreements are designed to maximize the number of credits students will be able to transfer to Vermont Tech.
In addition to the associate requirements, bachelor’s students must complete a minimum of two Arts and Humanities (AH) or Social Sciences (SS) courses, including one at the 3000 level
All DHY and BIO courses must be completed with a grade of C or better to continue in the program
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.
- I enjoy activities on campus, such as bowling, go-carting, and apple picking.
- I am so pleased I chose the Vermont Tech Dental Hygiene Program.
- As a student, I’ve learned how to prioritize my time and learn new study habits.
- I am incredibly happy with my choice.
- Vermont Tech’s Ag program is like one big family.
- I get lots of experience at the farm and in the classroom.
- I work in the Student Affairs Office.
- I plan on enrolling in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology bachelor’s degree program next year.
- I want to figure out a way to give back to the manufacturing community after I earn my degree.
- I’m hooked on flying
- I can rebuild a damaged airplane
- I attended the Women in Aviation Conference
- I can’t wait to join the U.S. Forest Service
- I’m a TRIO mentor and tour guide.
- I’m pursuing my dream career.
- I’m doing this all on my own, but feel supported at school.
- I’m excited to be getting into my field quickly.
- My professors know me by name
- I am a student leader
- I am a peer mentor to other students
- Started the Multicultural Club at Vermont Tech
- I work 40 hours a week at a bank and take six classes.
- I am pushing myself to always make the Dean’s List.
- I look forward to earning my degree.
- I am pursuing my second degree at Vermont Tech.
- I am a mom.
- I am enjoying study abroad opportunities in Italy and Greece.
- I have enjoyed Vermont Tech’s small size and helpful faculty.
- My tuition money won’t go to waste.
- I’ll make a high salary as an electrical engineer.
News & Events
- Clinical Dental Hygiene Instructor, Vermont Tech, Williston, Vermont
- Tutor, Champlain and Addison County Head Start, Vermont
- Graduated with a degree in Dental Hygiene, A.S., 2007; B.S., 2012
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.