- Type of Degree: Certificate
- Location: Williston Campus, Online, Randolph Center Campus
- Credit Requirements: 20
Demand for information technology professionals is strong and growing. Jobs in web development are projected to grow as fast as average or faster, with earnings potential above average salaries. The work can be often found across industries and is needed in both small and large organizations. Employees with these skills are highly valued. Students earning this certificate can expect to find work with a web design company and would be prepared to design and develop fully deployable web sites.
This certificate program is not a Title IV eligible educational program and does not qualify for federal financial aid.
This certificate is designed for the student who has earned an associate degree or higher from an accredited institution and would like to obtain the skills required to develop professional-level websites.
A student with a certificate in Web Development will be able to:
- Demonstrate fluency in an object-oriented programming language
- Develop complete websites
- Understand the concepts and practice of relational databases
To earn a certificate, a student must maintain a cumulative GPA for the entire certificate of at least 3.0. Courses where the final grade is below a C do not count toward the certificate, but, with permission of the host department, a subsequent course may be substituted. For a student with a particularly strong background, up to two courses may be waived with department permission.
- Scholarships: While there are no program-specific scholarships available at this time, additional scholarships are available.