Frequently Asked Questions

Status message

  • Active context: all-pages
  • Active context: all-pages-main-menu
  • Active context: financial-aid

Got questions? We've got answers!

What is the FSA ID?

The Department of Education implemented a new method for logging onto all student and borrower based websites on May 10, 2015. The effected sites include FAFSA on the Web, NSLDS Student Access,,, and the TEACH Grant website. Users will select their own username and password. The new FSA ID will be the only method for logging on to these sites, replacing the four-digit Federal Student Aid PIN.  Students and borrowers that attempt to access the PIN website after May 10, 2015 will be directed to a link to register their new FSA ID.

I will be a returning student for the fall semester, how will I receive my financial aid award package?

Beginning with the 2015-2016 award year, returning students will receive notification of their financial aid award packages electronically.  Once students have submitted their FAFSA and any necessary verification paperwork , the financial aid office will review eligibility and create a financial aid award package accordingly. Students will be notified via email to check their aid notification online via the VSC Portal.

Process for viewing and accepting your financial aid online:

  • Go to
  • Log-in with your username and password
  • Web Services is on the right side of the screen
  • Click on ‘Student Financial Aid’
  • Click on ‘Financial Aid Award Notice’
  • Enter the school year and VTC
  • Accept or decline your aid by checking the correct box
  • Hit the submit button

Financial aid doesn't cover my tuition and fees, how do I pay the difference?

If your financial aid does not pay all tuition and fees, you are responsible for these charges.  Students must explore their options for scholarships, private loans, and parent loans to cover the difference.

When will my refund check be ready?

Each semester, students who receive financial aid that overpays their student account, can receive a refund check from the Student Accounts Office. Refund checks are issued on Wednesdays of each week and all paper checks will be mailed out to your home address on file.  They are not available for pick-up at the office.  

Students can receive their refund quicker by signing up for Direct Deposit of their refund check. This will ensure that the money is posted directly to their bank account in a timely fashion and they won’t have to wait for the check to arrive in the mail. Click here for instructions to sign up for direct deposit of a refund check.

How do I receive a billing statement?

Billing statements will be made available online on June 1, 2014 for all students.  Only one bill will be mailed at the end of June.  If you are the student and would like to allow others to view and/or pay your bill online, please register them as an authorized user on your WebServices page.  

Is a payment plan available?

Yes, the Vermont State Colleges host an in-house payment plan system on the VSC Bill Payment system. Payment plans are due on the 15th of each month with the 1st month payment due when signing up.  Click here for further information on payment plans.

When are the Pay in Full due dates?

All bills are due in full, or a payment plan or financial aid in place to cover the full balance due by the semester due date.


Friday, August 19, 2016

2016 WINTER SEMESTER (Practical Nursing Students Only)

Friday, December 2, 2016

2017 SPRING SEMESTER (for non Practical Nursing students)

Friday, January 13, 2017

2017 SPRING2 SEMESTER (Practical Nursing Students Only)

Friday, April 14, 2017


All summer bills are due prior to the start of summer courses.

Can I waive the Student Health Insurance?

Yes, if you have your own health insurance, you must complete the waiver form prior to entry in the fall term. Click here for further information on student health insurance.

What if my financial situation changes?

It isn't necessary to file another FAFSA. Send an Estimated Income Form along with a letter explaining these changes to the Director of Financial Aid at Vermont Tech. You or your parents' financial situation, and thus the amount of expected family contribution, is reviewed annually, and at any time upon request.

What is considered a part-time student vs. a full-time student?

The number of credit hours. If you carry less than 12 credits a semester, you will be considered part time.  You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits in a degree program to receive financial aid. Part-time status will result in a reduction of federal and state grant funds for our grant eligible students.

How do I retrieve my 1098T?

Click here for instructions on how to retrieve your 1098T tax form.