Meet our teams and friends who support and contribute to this project:
Since the project started in 2007, we have been fortunate enough to receive encouragement and assistance from MANY friends. We hope the list continues to grow! If we’ve missed you please remind us; no slights intended.
U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy and his wonderful staff have been instrumental in securing federal funding and pushing us ahead.
The Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund has stood by us and served as our trusted fiscal agent. We could not have done this without the help of Ellen Kahler, Janice St. Onge, Heather Pipino, and Anthony Mennona!
The Vermont Environmental Consortium made the ‘marriage’ between the anaerobic digester project and Vermont Tech. They’ve contributed greatly to the project over the years!
The following organizations have provided support with permitting, advice, and technical assistance:
- The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Vermont’s Public Service Department
- The Natural Resource Conservation Service
- The town of Randolph, Vermont
- The Tri-Town Alliance
- David Dunn and others at Green Mountain Power’s Cow Power program
- Bill Rowell of Green Mountain Dairy
Grants from the U.S. Department of Energy, obtained with the help of U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy, supported both the feasibility and implementation phases of the VTCAD project. This material is based upon work supported by the U.S. Department of Energy under Award Number DE-FG36-08GO88182.
Bond funding from the Vermont State Colleges has provided critical capital for project implementation.
Invaluable assistance and funding have been provided by many other generous organizations and individuals including:
- Vermont’s Clean Energy Development Fund
- The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets
- The SPEED program, Vermont’s first-in-the-nation feed-in-tariff for renewable electric generation
- The Kresge Foundation
Vermont Tech AD Taskforce
Associate Dean of Administration
VSC Director of Facilities
Grants Officer and Queen of Fiscal Paperwork
DFM & DAG programs
Director of Facilities
Mary O’Leary, VTCAD project manager
CET & SDT programs
Science & SDT program